Thursday, September 15, 2016

My Earliest Childhood Memory #bloggerchallenge #day4

I have no idea! Is that horrible?.. Probably. But it’s the absolute TRUTH. I literally have the worst memory, ever. I barely remember last year, let alone 29 years ago.
To make things worse (or better depending on how you look at it) my parents kept a VERY good, detailed record of just about every day of my life. Literally. We have pictures GALORE so while sometimes I think I remember something, other times I could just be reflecting on a picture I saw.
To me, this is a great reminder of life and memory. Sometime it’s not always what has happened to you, but rather your perception of it. For example, I have seen pictures of me and a birthday cake from literally every birthday ever (that my parents have been responsible for anyways) throughout the years. Because I’ve seen these pictures, my assumption is that ‘I’ve always had a birthday party’. Now what the picture doesn’t show me is if anyone was actually there besides my parents and siblings, it doesn’t show me if I had any presents or decorations, it doesn’t even show me if I had a good day, but simply seeing a picture of me and a birthday cake leads me to believe that every single year my parents made sure my birthdate was a special day for me.
I’m pretty certain that my reflection is correct, but if it wasn’t, who would tell me? Life isn’t always about what happens to you, it’s about how you perceive the things that happen to you. YOU decide whether you reflect on the good or the bad, you decide whether or not you dance in the rain, YOU decide whether the glass is half empty or full.

No comments:

Post a Comment