Thursday, September 22, 2016

Proudest Moment #bloggerchallenge #day11

There are a few moments in my life that I look back and I’m like ‘Wow, I can’t believe I did that’. Giving birth to my children, going back to school and being ordained, to name a few. However, the one moment that I am the most proud of has to be my wedding day.

For those of you who know my husband and I, you know part of our story and the years leading up to our marriage. For those of you who don’t, I will keep it short and sweet by saying we are high school sweethearts and we’ve been through a lot {and I mean, A LOT}  together.

Leading up to our wedding we had drastically changed our lifestyles and we were committed to one another in a way we had never experienced before. After a whirl wind romance and 24 hour engagement {you can read more about this story here; My Best Yes } my husband and I got married.

I remember knowing that this was the biggest decision I would ever make. I believe that your spouse has the power to add value to your life or take it away. They will either build you up or tear you down. They will lead you into the fullness of your destiny or they will drag you away. I was young, but I was not naive to the repercussions of saying ‘yes’ at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons, to the wrong person but deep in my soul, I knew this was right.

My husband asked me to trust him and I did and I still do. Walking down that aisle to meet him at the other end was probably the best moment of my life. Marrying him opened my heart in a way I never knew possible, he has encouraged me and inspired me to be the best  ‘me’ I could ever be, he’s made me a mother and he’s opened my love for him in a new way because of the way he loves our daughters.

I’m not sure that there is any decision I’ve ever made that compares to this one. He was and still is my best yes. I’m so incredibly thankful for the home and family we’ve built together. I wake up daily wondering how this could be my real life, how could I be so blessed?

There were people who thought we shouldn’t get married, that we were too young, that it was too fast or others who thought this shot gun marriage was to cover up an unexpected pregnancy, all of which was wrong.

My proudest moment was looking past all of that. Every naysayer, every opinion, every statistic and believing in love;  genuine love.

I’m so thankful for my husband. I can’t imagine my life without him. He has been amazing to me and he’s a superhero to our daughters. He is my most proud moment, that day, today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment