Monday, September 12, 2016

Intro :) #bloggerchallenge #day1


My name is Lori Burgos and I love to write!
I’ve had a passion for writing for quite some time now. I can still remember the first time I realized ‘Hey, I can do this!’
I was in the 7th grade and our class read the book ‘The Giver’.  At the end of the book, my teacher assigned us all with the task of writing an essay about what memory we would want to have given the choice to have one and only one.
I wrote about the memory of grandparents. In my essay I talked about my grandparents, my experiences with them, our adventures and how all of those things impacted my life and made me feel. It was the first time that I realized I could really share my world, my heart and my thoughts through my words in a way that others could understand.
Since then, I’ve enjoyed doing it more and more as the years went on.
In 2013, right before the birth of my first born, I decided to start a blog. I still remember waking up early, early, early one Sunday morning and posting my first ever blog. It was great! I felt awesome! I wasn’t sure that anyone would read it, but putting it out there made me feel accomplished.
Since then I’ve done writing in several different capacities, including my blog but I have yet to find a consistent rhythm in my writing. My hope is through the next 31 days, I will write past my ‘writers block’ and find a good routine for my writing.
In addition to writing, I’m obsessed with my family. I’ve been happily married for almost 8 years now, I have two daughters, Savannah (3) and Rylee (1). They are just about the cutest kids a person could ask for! Being a mom has absolutely changed my life and I wouldn’t change it for anything. It’s definitely challenged and stretched me more than I ever knew possible.
Aside from writing, I am working on my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology at the University of Bridgeport, I work for a Re-Entry program in Downtown Bridgeport AND I’m a Youth Pastor at our local church. My life is FULL to say the least but I love every minute of it. My hope is that I can encourage my readers through my stories and experiences on this journey called life!

No comments:

Post a Comment