Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Get there. Stay there.

I've recently made the decision to go back to school. I'm really excited, yet slightly terrified at the same time. It's been something I've wanted to do for a while. It was actually my plan from the beginning but after a confluence of circumstances, it just hasn't worked out. 

Until now. 

As a wife, mother, full time employee and active volunteer in church ministry, I really don't know how I'm going to balance yet another thing on my ever filling agenda, but I do know, it's got to be done!! 

My heart cries for more. No really, it weeps. I'm a very thankful person, I'm always grateful for the opportunities I have, but deep down inside, I just know there is more. 

As I prepare to embark on this new journey, a journey that will take of my time and finances, a journey that will require sacrifice, not just of ME but my husband and daughter, one thing rings in my heart. Over and over again. 

That place, the place my heart wanders to throughout the day, in the middle of night, whether I'm alone or with a crowd of people, that's where I want to be. That's the place my heart longs for. 

I don't know what this is going to look like, I'm not even sure how it will work, but I do know one thing: It will happen, it has got to happen!!

There is a part of me that feels lost and empty, broken and missing, that place needs to be filled. Where my passion becomes my daily purpose. Where my hearts dream becomes my life's reality. 

I don't know what stage of life you're in, but maybe like me, there is a place your heart wanders to. Find a way to that place. Permanently. Don't just visit it periodically in a whimsical thought. Find a way to build permanent residency in that place, where your heart is happy. 

You deserve it. And the world NEEDS it. That place your mind wanders to is the place where God can use YOU to change the world. 

Get there. Stay there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment