Sunday, June 23, 2013

You too are loved..


It's amazing how quickly time passes us by. To think just one short week ago I was sitting in the hospital with my little one, staring intently at her, in awe and wonder of her beauty.

Reuben had left for church, the room was quiet and I just sat on my hospital bed staring at Savannah, admiring every last detail of her.

"Savannah, I love you so much!" I said with tears welded up in my eyes.

"You are amazing. You are gorgeous in every way! Savannah you came OUT OF ME! You are a special piece of me. I hope you get everything that is good from me, and bypass all the bad. Savannah, there is nothing I wouldn't do for you! To keep you safe. To keep you happy and healthy. I promise you baby, no harm will come your way as long as I can help it! You are a treasure, straight from heaven & I will always hold you close and dear to my heart. There is nothing you could ever do that would make me love you any more or any less. My love for you is limitless and unconditional. You have my heart baby girl and that will never, ever change."

Tears running down my face it suddenly made sense.

God loves me.

He really, really loves ME. It felt as if during that time I spoke over my daughter, God began to speak the same words of affirmation over me. In that moment, as close as she felt to me, I felt to God. I knew that He held me close, and sustained me in every way necessary.

Years of church, loving God and knowing He loved me suddenly made more sense than it ever had before.

GOD LOVES ME!!!  Not because of what I have or haven't done, not because I love Him or because He has to, He loves me just because I am His. I am a piece of HIM! 

As I looked at my daughter, I felt such an overwhelming feeling, I literally felt swaddled in love. The new found love for my daughter as well as this revelation of God's love for me rushed through me, over taking and filling every last empty part of me.

It's hard to understand this love.. Even as I look at her, I think of my husband and how many years it took for us to truly, love each other the "right way", I think of all the people I've encountered whom I wanted to love, or should love, but just couldn't. Love hasn't always come easy for me. It was something I knew but at times, the reality escaped me. And now, suddenly, in a split second, it made more sense then it ever had before!!

It's amazing how one moment, one touch, one look, one encounter could change all of that. In one single instant, it all made sense.

 
I feel like with this revelation, another piece of heaven has opened up over my life. I am now not only aware, but  convinced that God's love for me is like no other love I will ever know. It is real, tangible, unearnable and irrevocable.

I am His. And He is mine.

It is my hope and prayer that in someway, God's love for you will be exposed in a real, tangible way as well. Maybe you have children, and you can relate to this, maybe you don't. Either way, I know that God is big enough to meet you in this moment, in the exact way you need Him to and speak to your heart in a way that will make sense to you, just to show you that you too are loved. You too are cherished. You too hold a piece of God's heart within you that He will always love and hold dear.

You too are loved.

1 comment:

  1. Lori that was beautifully said im here at work in tears as i reas this its true GOD DOES LOVE ME ...thank you for sharing this it opened my eyes up wider to the Lord

    ReplyDelete