Sunday, April 14, 2013

Perspective


I’ve always been interested in the “key to success”. What is it about some people that makes them that much happier and that much more successful? Things just come a little more natural to them and life happens with ease rather than struggle.

How is it that two people can have the same opportunities available to them, the same resources and the same path of life set before them yet one will find destiny and one will find destruction? Why it is that one person can fill their days with hope while others choose hate? Is there a secret ingredient to life that is offered to some and not others? Are some just destined for doom while others will see life flourish before them?

Although many people would like to say, that these things are true, and some people are just naturally “successful”. I believe there is one difference between those who live their live with ease, and those who force their way through... The difference is perspective.

Perspective has the power to frame the outline of your life, color your days with hope, and fill your heart with happiness. Although many of us would like to think the outcome of our day, whether it is “good” or “bad” is a matter of circumstance, I would say it’s quite the opposite. Life isn’t about WHAT happens to you, rather HOW YOU SEE IT.

Perspective is powerful. There is a very fine like between a blessing and a burden, a line so thin it’s easily overlook and inaccurately assessed. It’s not a matter of wisdom that determines the difference; it’s a matter of perspective.

As my pregnancy continues on there is one thing I’ve realized, every day I wake up with about 30 reasons why my day should be that much more difficult, that much more tiring, that much more limiting. However, I’ve decided long ago my pregnancy would not disable me; rather it would enable me to live a life that is that much fuller because now I have purpose that extends much further than me.

While some say I’ve gained weight, I say I’ve gained a blessing. While some call me big, I think I’m beautiful, while some count my pounds, I count my blessings.  Maybe I’m detached from reality, or maybe it’s all a matter of perspective. BEAUTY is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Every moment of every day, whether it’s in a big way or small, you are given an opportunity to see good or to see bad, to choose hope or hate, to flourish or fail. The choice is yours. Perspective alone will determine the outcome of your day. Will you allow your mindset to minimize or maximize the opportunities set before you today?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment