Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Letting Go

Sometimes letting go can be the hardest thing to do.

Whether it be good or bad, we'd rather hold on to what we know, what is familiar and what is comfortable rather then be exposed to the unknown, which can be frightening and intimidating...

I've noticed in my life, change & I have a love/ hate relationship. Although I love the excitement & potential change brings, I'm not a fan of the unknown. I'm a planner. I like to know who, what, where, when, why & how. All the unknown elements of change sometimes bring more fear to my heart than anything else, and this has left me in a place of stagnation far too many times..

All of creation is designed to change, grow, mature & develop. An unwillingness to change will inevitably leave you sad, stuck & stagnant, none of which are attributes I'd like to see my life defined by.

A burdened heart is the heaviest weight you can carry. It's essential that you truly, completely & whole heartedly, LET IT GO. Whatever "it" is, when you know it's time to do so, let it go.. Holding on will only hinder your future. You'll never grasp what is ahead if you're holding on to what's behind.

Your burden might look different then mine, and my burden may be different from the next person but one thing remains the same, it's an unnecessary weight, holding us down and limiting our potential joy and success.

There is nothing worth holding on to if it means limiting your access to all that God has for you...

Close your eyes.
Clear your heart.
Let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment