Sunday, September 27, 2015

Keep Reading

Have you ever been in a situation where you're revisiting a chapter of your life you thought was over? 

Maybe a relationship, a financial obligation, a job, a struggle, an addiction or a mindset? 

It's a frustrating feeling to think you're "over" something only to find out that's not really the case. How do you deal with this? How do you really KNOW when the chapter is over? 

Recently I found myself in a situation where I really thought a specific chapter of my life was over. I thought that certain situations were a part of my past and I no longer had to worry about them anymore. Yet, here I am. Staring in the face of this chapter that I thought was over, frantic and anxious at the thought of facing it once again. (One day I'll elaborate on this in detail, but not today, not this blog..) 

"But why?!" I ask.
"I thought I was done with this." I ponder.

It led me to ask a tough question, "How do you really KNOW when you're truly done with the last chapter?..."

After a lot of thought, contemplation and questions, the answer came to me from a still, small voice.

"Just keep reading"

Our life is like a book, God our Father, the Author and Finisher.  I've realized this, just because you withdrawal and stop reading, doesn't mean the chapter is over. 

If you want to know how the story ends, just keep reading. The only way to get to the next chapter is to finish the one you're on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment