Monday, October 20, 2014

It is Well


There is something about the outdoors that just opens my heart, clears my mind and expands my perspective. When I find myself overwhelmed, overworked or just plain worn out and weary, I always find my way to the shoreline. Whether I'm sitting in my car or walking along the road, something about the warm sun, soft breeze, the waves, the birds, it all calms my soul.

All these parts form together to create something so beautiful, a picture of all God is in my life and in my heart. The awe, the wonder, the grace, the order and the perfection. It all works together for our enjoyment, for our pleasure.

In the confine of my home, job or even church, life seems limited. In that moment all I know is what I can see.

But when I get out, when I get into the open air, the space He created, the water He spoke into existence, the waves that yield to His command, the birds He feeds, the flowers He clothed, the sun He spun into motion. It’s in that moment I am reminded that He is big, He is strong, He is limitlessness, He is God and He is mine.  

When I get out, out of my own comfortable space and familiar surroundings, it’s then that I see Him most, I feel Him closest and I hear Him clearest.

God, you are with me and because of that, it is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment